The following entries are a partial record of Trump’s executive orders and directives. Entries are posted according to the week of his presidency that they occurred. Most recent weeks will be at the top.
Third Week of the Trump Presidency
• Shut down the White House comment line. Afterwards he made the comment that no one was upset about the re-issuance of permits for the Keystone XL Pipeline and the Dakota Access Pipeline as he had received no comments.
• Issued a unilateral directive to stop the addition of any new protections for health and safety, finance, the environment, or the workplace.
• When questioned by a commentator about Putin’s war crimes including the mass killing of civilians and aggression against neighboring countries including the annexation of Crimea, Trump asserted that the U.S. was just as bad.
• Vowed to destroy the Johnson amendment which does not allow religious organizations to participate in or intervene in any political campaign for or against a candidate if they want to keep their tax free status.
• Claimed that over 70 terrorist attacks were unreported by the media. News media provided records that his statement was false.
• Claimed that the military action in Yemen, which resulted in the death of a navy seal and possibly as many as 30 civilians, was a success.
• Criticized Nordstrom for dropping his daughter’s clothing line.
• During a gathering of sheriffs, a question was asked about search and seizure. A sheriff complained that a state senator wanted to prevent seizure until after a conviction. Trump asked for the name of the senator and then said he would destroy the senator’s career.
• When deportations were begun in 6 states, trump said that estimates of 100 people being deported were grossly exaggerated. Over 160 were deported.
• Continues to maintain that 1000’s of voters were bussed from Massachusetts to vote fraudulently in New Hampshire.
• Re-implemented the Global Gag Rule which affects 27 million couples and women who can no longer receive contraception.
Second Week of the Trump Presidency
• A failed military action initiated by Trump resulted in the death of a navy seal and perhaps up to 30 civilians including 10 women and children. Critics indicated that the strike had not been thoroughly planned and had not had sufficient intelligence gathering. Trump advisors tried to blame the Obama administration for the tragedy, but the facts revealed that the Obama administration had no involvement with this action.
• Issued an executive order to require 2 regulations to be removed for any new one that is added.
• Ordered the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service to delete all information pertaining to the use of animals in federally funded research from its website. Even updates on court cases that have not been adjudicated were removed.
• Failed to mention Jews on International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
• Trump instructed his female staff to dress like women.
• Trump has begun his assault on Dodd-Frank, the Wall Street Reform and Protection Act, a protection for American citizens.
• Threatened to cut federal funding for U.C. Berkeley when outside agitators intervened in a peaceful student protest, a direct violation of 1st amendment rights.
• Threatened consequences to Iran for launching a missile. The missile launch that was not prohibited in the treaty that was signed.
• Argued with the Australian Prime Minister over treaty obligations requiring the U.S. to accept refugee
First Week of the Trump Presidency
• Banned Muslims from 7 different majority Muslim countries from immigrating to the U.S. None of the targeted countries or their citizens have been tied to terrorist attacks in the U.S. Shamefully, Trump did not ban Muslims from majority Muslim countries where he had personal business holdings even if they were countries from which terrorists have been harbored or supported by their governments such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
• Deleted all reference to climate change information from the White House website.
• Issued gag orders regarding the exchange of climate change information in federal agencies.
• Reinstated the Global Gag Order which eliminates funding for contraception to any foreign non governmental agency which counsels clients about abortion.
• Reactivated the Keystone Pipeline and ordered the Corps of Engineers to expedite their review of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
• Directed the Army Corps of Engineers and the Department of the Interior to determine how best to proceed with constructing the “Wall for which Mexico will pay”.
• Issued deportation orders for undocumented immigrants who have been accused of a crime even if they weren’t ever brought to court and threatened penalizing “Sanctuary Cities” with loss of federal funding.
• Withdrew from the TPP and expressed his intent to reopen negotiations of NAFTA.
• Hinted that the U.S. may have another chance to go back into Iraq and take its oil. (Critics believe this statement could place our soldiers at risk and constitute a war crime!)
*Offended the Chinese by entering into diplomatic relations with the Taiwanese government.