Trump’s First 100 days: Lies, Falsehoods, and Assault on American Progressive Ideals
A Partial Record of Trump’s Executive Orders & Directives
Weekly entries are posted in descending order.
Fourteenth Week of the Trump Presidency
- Trump has only introduced 1 out of the 10 major pieces of legislation for whose passage he vowed to fight in the first 100 days of his administration.
- Trump’s new tax plan overwhelmingly favors the rich. It cuts corporate taxes to 15%, repeals the inheritance tax, and cuts the capital gains tax which funds the ACA. Cost analysis projects that trillions of dollars will be added to the national debt.
- Trump is hoping to give a 4 billion dollar tax cut to his kids as he takes away health care from millions of Americans. Many are cautiously optimistic that Trumpcare 2 will fail to get to a floor vote due to bipartisan opposition.
- Trump said he is considering proposals to dissolve the 9th circuit court for blocking his executive orders. The court contends they are unconstitutional.
- Trump wants to completely defund the state department’s Office for International Women’s Empowerment.
- Trump threatened Canadians that he would pull the U.S. out of NAFTA over milk and softwoods, but then said that instead of abandoning NAFTA, he may renegotiate it.
- Trump signed an executive order instructing the Department of the Interior to review all national monuments created through the “Antiquities Act” since (more…)