Twelfth Week of the Trump Presidency
- A source reports that the official investigation of the Trump Campaign/Russia connection has specific and corroborative evidence of collusion.
- Senator Chris Murphy stated that Russia and WikiLeaks were working together to protect Trump.
- Trump signed legislation which can cut funding to Planned Parenthood and other groups that perform abortions. It nullifies an Obama Rule that barred state and local governments from withholding federal funding for family planning services related to contraception, STD’s, fertility and pregnancy care, and breast and cervical cancer screening. Pence cast the deciding vote in the Senate.
- Military leadership authorizes the use of a MOAB (*Massive Ordinance Air Blast Bomb) to destroy ISIS tunnels in Afghanistan. This is the first time it has been authorized and is the largest non nuclear weapon American has ever designed. At least 90 ISIS fighters were killed.
- Trump considers a preemptive strike to destroy nuclear facilities in N. Korea with conventional weapons launched from aircraft carriers. North Korea responds by stating they are ready for war.
- Evidence has surfaced that Trump took illegal contributions from Super PAC Make America #1.
President Xi of China gave Trump a history of relations between North Korea and China. Trump stated that he was surprised that their history was so complicated. Trump has claimed he knows all about China because he has read hundreds of books about China.
- Trump announced dropping the MOAB in Afghanistan while eating cake with President Xi of China.
- Trump is being sued by transparency groups because he refuses to release “visitor logs” of visitors to the White House. He is not required to release them until 5 years after he leaves office.
Arizona Congressman Raul M. Grijalva is suing Trump over the border wall which will divide communities and have disastrous consequences for jaguars, ocelots, Mexican wolves and 100 other species.
- Despite foreign crises in Korea and the Middle East, Trump takes his 18th golf trip in 12 weeks.
Trump suffers another business failure. His modeling agency is shutting down due to the fact it is on the brink of financial collapse.
- The Whitehouse defends (the campaign’s) flip flop on issues by claiming Trump didn’t change, circumstances did!
- Jeff, Sessions dropped the N. Carolina “Bathroom Bill “ lawsuit after North Carolina replaced the original bill will with a second version.
- Representative Markwayne Mullen from Oklahoma told his constituents that taxes from his company paid his salary no taxpayers: “That’s bull crap, In fact this is a service!”
Hillary was NOT to struggling middle class’s best hope.
But thank you, Faith, for all you do!!!
I don’t believe that you feel that Trump was a better choice. The last election had two candidates who were contenders, Trump and Hillary. The other candidates did not have any chance of winning the election. To my mind, not voting for Hillary was a vote for Trump. We now have a Trump presidency. Are you happy with the outcome? I am mortified. The question is, what will you do to help stop the attack on progressive legislation that people like me have fought for, for the last four or more decades.