Fifth week of the Trump Presidency
- Trump requested funding for 15,000 more immigration and border patrol agents.He has also requested that local police help with immigration deportation.
- Trump excluded newspaper and TV organizations which he feels are spreading Fake News about him from attending a news briefing.(This action is unprecedented.)
- Trump is spending his 4th weekend at Mar-a-Lago.
- Trump removed federal protections for Transgender individuals to use the bathroom of the sex with which they identify saying it was best left to states.
- Trump was tweeting from a location outside the situation room during the ill-planned Yemen raid which resulted in the death of a navy seal, the wounding of 4 other seals, and the death of over 30 civilians. (His indifference to this life and death situation is indefensible.)
- Trump requested massive funding increases for the military to enable a huge military build-up. (He supports an increase and upgrade of nuclear warheads.)
- Jeff Sessions continues to refuse to recuse himself from being part of the investigation involving Trump, his officials, and the Russians.
- 6 White House staffers failed to pass FBI background checks and were escorted out. (Apparently no one bothered checking them before they were appointed.)
- Bannon stated that he intended to deconstruct the government at the CPAC meeting (Conservative Political Action Committee)